How To Make A Mortar Shower Pan
How to waterproof your shower installation with the schluter kerdi shower kit complete kit duration.
How to make a mortar shower pan. Over the membrane a mortar bed floor supports the tile. As part of that mortar shower pan stack up there should be a solid floor base followed by the placement of wire mesh on the base subfloor then the installation of a mortar pre slope then. Smaller tiles work best to conform to the slope. If you are using a preformed shower pan the manufacturer of the pan should provide instructions as to how thick the mortar bed needs to be.
Mix the deck mud. The mixture should be approximately 1 part cement to 5 parts sand but anywhere for 4 to 6 parts sand to 1 part cement is acceptable. Requires shower deck mud also referred to as dry pack mortar. Mortar is the type of concrete product that works best for shower pan applications since it contains no gravel allowing it to work easily and dry with a gentle slope.
When mixing the mortar use only enough water to obtain a dry pack consistency. Let s build this shower pan already 1. A mortared shower pan allows you to custom fit a shower enclosure. Schluter systems north america 130 226 views 15 57.
Start along the perimeter and build a mortar screed a wall of deck mud. We first need to frame in the shower pan with 2x10 lumber around the bottom of the floor and regular 2x4 studs up the. If you are installing tile the mortar bed should be 2 3 inches thick on the outer edge and slightly less at the drain. Tamp and level it using the.
Drill pilot holes into the flange that are slightly smaller than the size of the screws if. Screw the flanges of the shower pan into the wall studs using at least 1 1 2 inch wood screws. A shower pan rests on a base of concrete that both supports the pan and provides a waterproof barrier for the subfloor and floor framing. Mark the perimeter height of the mortar bed.
Next we ll put down metal lath on top of the tar paper to hold the mortar in place. How to make a concrete shower pan.
- How To Paint A Cast Iron Bathtub
- How To Put A Bathtub In A Small Bathroom
- How To Remove A Delta Bathtub Faucet
- How To Remove A Bathroom Vanity And Sink
- How To Remove A Delta Bathtub Faucet Handle
- How To Remodel A Shower Stall With Tile
- How To Put Up A Shower Rod On Tile
- How To Remodel A Bathroom Vanity
- How To Pour A Shower Pan
- How To Make Shower Floor Pan
- How To Remodel Your Bathroom Yourself
- How To Remove A Delta Shower Faucet Handle
- How To Refinish A Bathtub
- How To Plumb A Double Kitchen Sink Drain
- How To Remodel Your Bathroom On A Budget
- How To Re Tile A Shower
- How To Mount A Shower Curtain Rod On Tile
- How To Paint A Porcelain Bathtub
- How To Put Tile In A Shower
- How To Refinish A Clawfoot Tub