How To Paint A Cast Iron Bathtub
Your clothes are going to get covered in paint.
How to paint a cast iron bathtub. Apply two more additional coats of enamel allowing each to dry before adding the next. Unscrew the drain cover on the tub and set it aside. Remove the caulking from around the tub if applicable. Professional refinishing can be a cost efficient solution for that retro look trethewey says.
Follow the paint manufacturer s. Spray the exterior of the tub with the paint just as you did with the primer. For an average cost of 350 to 500 a fraction of the 1 200 to 5 000 expense of a new cast iron or steel tub installed refinishers can make an antique fixture look brand new. Here s everything you need to know about repainting a cast iron tub so that it stays beautiful for years to come.
Put on a respirator and wear old clothes once you re ready to paint. Painting over a cast iron tub can give new life and style to any bathroom. Scoop up a small amount of the epoxy with your chosen utensil. Before you paint use masking or painters tape to secure plastic.
Sand the surface of the bathtub with 120 grit. Secure a plastic bag around the faucet and shower head. Refill it with an acrylic urethane enamel which provides the shine typical of cast iron tubs. Spray goof off on any remaining paint stains and let sit.
Cover any areas you don t plan to paint such as the feet using. Empty and clean the paint sprayer per the manufacturer s instructions. Place the tub on the painter s cloth. Video of the day step 1.
Apply the epoxy to the chip with a small spatula paint brush or bottom of a matchstick. Grind and sand with an orbital sander or grinder. Determine if the paint to be removed is on the inside or outside surface of the bathtub. Tape protective sheets on the walls and floor.
Turn off the main water supply to the tub. Applying the paint 1. When you paint cast iron clawfoot tub remove the tub to a good work place. Cut away any caulk between the edge of your tub and the wall or other fixtures using a utility knife.
How to remove paint from a cast iron tub step 1. Whether the bathtub is rusted and peeling or simply in need of a refresh it s important to plan each step in the process. Cut through the caulking with a utility knife and pull. Make sure that anything you use to apply the epoxy is disposable.
Clean the tub thoroughly using. How much does it cost to refinish a cast iron tub. Spread it carefully in a thin layer over the chip by working in 1 direction and smooth out any spots where it pools.
- Toto Rectangular Undermount Bathroom Sink
- Towel Rack Under Pedestal Sink
- Top Mount Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
- Top Mount Sink On Granite
- Tile Shower Floor Leaking Fix
- Travel Trailer Shower Curtain Rod
- Tri Fold Lighted Makeup Mirror
- Toilet Seat That Automatically Goes Up
- Touchless Kitchen Faucet Home Depot
- Top Rated Dual Shower Heads
- Toilet Seat With Bidet Functionality
- Toddler Girl Bedroom Ideas For Small Rooms
- Top Rated Bidet Toilet Seat
- Tile Ready Shower Base Kits
- Tile Shower Designs Without Doors
- Tile Redi Shower Pan Problems
- Top Mount Apron Front Sink
- Toilet Seat With Built In Bidet
- Toto Toilet And Bidet Combination
- Top Mount Apron Front Kitchen Sink