What Size Tile Is Best For A Small Bathroom
Choosing the right tile for a small bathroom by glen september 16 2019 1 glen september 16 2019 1.
What size tile is best for a small bathroom. The pale green tiles used in this simple bathroom from at home in love are just glossy enough to create the feel of a larger bathroom without looking dated. For example r ectangular shaped tile s quare tile and wood plank tile can radically transform a small space. Tiles that are 12 inches high by 24 inches long work well if you want larger sized tiles. Though glossy tiles are a no no for the bathroom floor using them on walls can reflect even more light and make a small bathroom feel spacious.
Similar to shower walls bathroom walls usually look best with tiles above the 4 inch by 4 inch size. For style purposes consider also using the same tile but in a different format for subtle variation. With fewer grout lines the walls and floor are less cluttered and the room visually expanded. And with the modern trend towards larger tiles this size tile on this size wall can also look a little outdated.
Tiles with a naturally matte or coarse surface or ones that are small scale enough so there are plenty of grout lines to create friction are ideal. Tile size shouldn t be determined by bathroom size despite what you may hear. Think shower cubicles with no grout joints which means no mould or mildew scrubbing no cracking grout no grout discolouration and only ever a quick wipe to clean. Since bathroom walls can be longer than they are high you can use tiles that also are longer than they are high.
Generally interior designers will say that you shouldn t use large tiles such as 60 60 cm or 80 80 cm in a small bathroom as it will make the room look smaller. Slab tiles of 800x1 600 millimetres and above are a brilliant choice for walls in small bathrooms. Although small tile such as mosaic can be effective in a small bathroom and we ll touch on that in more detail below i encourage you to consider larger sizes. On the other hand if you use a small tile for your small bathroom then there will be more grout lines this will also make your bathroom look small so what should you do.
Small scale 1 inch hexagonal and square tiles on cloth backing help spaces look larger. A small bathroom can actually benefit from a large tile.
- Rotating Curved Shower Curtain Rod
- Rubbermaid Dish Rack And Drainboard
- Replace Shower Pan Without Removing Tile
- Rv Kitchen Sink Single Bowl
- Replace Single Handle Shower Valve
- Ritz Egyptian Cotton Kitchen Towels
- Replacement Pull Out Spray Head For Kitchen Faucets
- Rinse Ace Tub Shower Baby Toddler Rinser
- Room Divider Ideas For Small Bedroom
- Safe Tub Walk In Tub
- Rose Gold Bedroom Ideas
- Rustic Bathroom Vanity With Sink
- Room Divider Ideas For Kids Bedroom
- Roman Tub Faucet With Hand Shower 3 Hole
- Rubbermaid Shower Tub And Tile Cleaner
- Replace Shower Pan With Tile
- Rug Pads For Area Rugs
- Right Hand Drain Shower Base
- Rv Shower Faucet Replacement Parts
- Replacing Soap Dish In Tile Shower