Tempered Glass Shower Doors Exploding
Tempered glass is still the safest material to use for shower doors but there does not seem to be a foolproof way to keep this material from spontaneously exploding.
Tempered glass shower doors exploding. Cause for exploding glass shower doors glass shower doors have been known to shatter explosively. Safety glazings are commonly required for sliding glass doors shower doors and patio furniture. Abc2 news offers comprehensive local news maryland s most accurate weather forecast and sports coverage for baltimore and. Tiny pieces of glass can come raining down.
Deep lacerations covering the 9 year old s arms and legs. That happened to a nine year old. A glass shower door can break even if no one s in the bathroom. Coating the door in safety film can keep the glass from flying he said but it can also cost up to 200.
Meshulam says tempered glass is supposed to be safe because it breaks into millions of little pieces sometimes those pieces don t separate quickly enough from previous damage forming large sharp jagged edges that stick together and cause injury. Yet there s a rare and terrifying problem. The most commonly used safety glass is tempered glass. Although it appears spontaneous there are several possible causes.
It can happen in an instant. Glass shower doors have been known to shatter explosively. It s called a spontaneous blow and it can happen because the glass is tempered. Oliver taking a warm shower before bedtime when the glass doors just inches from his body spontaneously shattered.
As certain authorities have noted it may be beneficial to avoid frameless showers and you should definitely make sure that your frames and tracks are in good condition if you want to avoid shower door explosions. Shower doors spontaneously shattering sometimes while a person is showering resulting in wet naked injured people. Ironically the center tension zone engineered into tempered glass through the quenching process is also what makes it so vulnerable to catastrophic breakage. I got cuts on my arm i.
If a person is in the shower and the door explodes they shouldn t immediately run out. During the heating process the glass becomes more resistant to a direct impact but much more susceptible to a side impact.
- How Much Does A Heated Toilet Seat Cost
- Houzz Kitchen Sinks And Faucets
- How Much Does A Jacuzzi Walk In Tub Cost
- How Much Does A Cast Iron Clawfoot Tub Weigh
- How Much Does A Bathroom Renovation Cost
- How Long Does It Take To Tile A Shower
- How Long Does It Take To Tile A Shower Wall
- How Long Does Bathtub Reglazing Last
- How A Shower Drain Works
- How Do You Paint A Bathtub
- How Much Does A Bathroom Renovation Cost In Nyc
- How Much Does A Bathroom Renovation Cost Australia
- How Does A Single Handle Shower Faucet Work
- How Much Cost To Remodel Small Bathroom
- How High Do You Mount A Shower Curtain Rod
- How Do You Change A Bathtub Faucet
- How Hard Is It To Remodel A Bathroom
- How Do You Replace A Bathtub Faucet Handle
- How Do You Install Tile In A Shower
- How Does A Bidet Work