Standard Height For A Bathroom Sink
They also have a standard water depth of 5 to 8 inches.
Standard height for a bathroom sink. In general standard oval and round bathroom sinks have a diameter of 16 to 20 inches and an average water depth of 5 to 8 inches. Standard bathroom sink heights range from 29 inches to as much as 36 inches high depending upon personal preference and the type of sink. Generally speaking bathroom vanity countertop height can range anywhere from 30 36. For decades standard bathroom vanity height was 30 to 32 inches but this range may be less common today.
Standard height vanities work well in homes that have young children who may be at a disadvantage while using taller vanities. Basically in the american disability act they have categorized the standard height for bathroom sink into three groups. Keeping that in mind the standard height for a bathroom sink drain rough in is about 24 inches. However they are not the only option available now.
Vanities were built at 28 1 2 inches and a 1 1 2 inch countertop with sink was added on top. Sink drain lines are typically between 18 and 20 inches above the finished floor. The reason these vanities were low involves a little history. For example pedestal sinks are built between 29.
These 30 inch high vanities and sinks are still available and many people find them preferable. The standard sink height of an ada compliant bathroom should be 34 inches maximum according to the american disabilities act ada. The standard height of a bathroom cabinet or pedestal was designed to make it accessible to all members of a household particularly when homes typically had only one bathroom. Standard bath vanity height is 32.
The distance between the floor and the topmost point of the sink cannot exceed 34 inches. A young child could use a stool if needed but by school age most could reach the faucet on their own particularly when the counters were only 30 inches from the floor. The standard height for bathroom sinks used to be 30 inches. There are no universal standards for the height of drain lines and water supply lines in bathrooms but most plumbers install the lines within a common range of heights to make them compatible with most fixtures.
And standard rectangular sinks measure 19 to 24 inches wide side to side and 16 to 23 inches length front to back.
- How To Fix Kitchen Faucet
- How To Install A Corner Shower
- How To Install A Shower Pan Liner
- How To Install A Fiberglass Shower Base Drain
- How To Hang A Shower Curtain For A Clawfoot Tub
- How To Fix A Leaky Delta Bathtub Faucet Double Handle
- How To Install A Tension Shower Rod
- How To Install A Shower Pan Liner Drain
- How To Install A Fiberglass Shower Pan With Tile Walls
- How To Install A Corner Shower Kit Video
- How To Install A Shower Pan Liner On A Concrete Floor
- How To Install A Soap Dish In Ceramic Tile Shower
- How To Heat A Small Bathroom
- How To Install A Kraus Farmhouse Sink
- How To Install A Shower Surround Over Tile
- How To Install A Freestanding Bath
- How To Hang Bath Towels Decoratively
- How To Fix A Delta Bathtub Faucet
- How To Fix A Dripping Delta Shower Faucet
- How To Install A Ceiling Mounted Rain Shower Head