Should Shower Curtains Touch The Floor
In my opinion shower curtains should never touch the floor or be as close as shown in the photo above.
Should shower curtains touch the floor. In general bathrooms are small damp rooms so the area should remain fairly sterile clutter free and light on fabric. But don t limit yourself entirely here. When your curtain doesn t touch the floor you should be able to install this type of curtain easily. You can also reduce the overall fabric required to make your hanging curtain.
This style of curtain is one that can get away with touching the floor. In this way they get a much more sophisticated finish. A romantic room deserves elegant extra long curtains that pool or puddle on the floor. You can choose to finish it by touching the floor or dragging it a bit preferably.
However many people deviate from this for reasons such as aesthetic preferring the look of the curtain touching the floor. Hang and pool on the floor blockout curtains are a dramatic style of curtain mostly because they are bold shades of colour and thick material. Generally you should want your shower curtain to hang with its bottom hem about 2 inches from your bathroom floor. Of course you ll need to measure before you buy a shower curtain buying one that s too short or not wide enough means a daily flood on the floor.
The distance from the floor to the bottom of the curtain depends on the aforementioned style that you are going for. But when the shower curtain is overly long it creates an ideal environment for growing mildew in the creases or between the liners. The average length of a shower curtain is 72 inches long and should be installed 75 77 inches from the floor that way it isn t touching the floor. You can also choose to go with stationary curtains which will sit on the sides of your radiator.
In formal or dressy rooms curtains should just touch the floor. While these curtains can go all the way to the floor they will stay open at all times as to not touch or block the radiator. A standard shower curtain is typically 72 inches long so the curtain rod should be installed around 75 to 77 inches from the floor. Also you wouldn t want your shower curtain to pool on the floor.
You can reduce the overall installation cost when you are using this curtain. This height will keep the shower curtain from touching the. To take it one step further blockout curtains look great when pooled in a bunch on the floor too. Ideally the curtain should be on the sides and at the top at least 15cm.
- Small Bathroom Tile Designs Pictures
- Small Corner Sink Vanity Unit
- Small Bathroom Layout With Tub
- Small Bathroom Remodeling Ideas Gray
- Small Bathroom Vanity With Storage
- Small Bathroom Tiles Ideas Pictures
- Small Bathroom Sink Vanity Units
- Small Bathroom Designs With Shower
- Small Drop In Bathroom Sink
- Small Black Flies In Bathroom
- Small Bathroom Medicine Cabinet Ideas
- Small Apartment Bathroom Decorating Ideas On A Budget
- Small Double Sink Vanity 48
- Small Bedroom Paint Ideas For Girls
- Small Contemporary Bedroom Ideas
- Small Bathroom Ideas Photo Gallery
- Small Bathroom Designs With Wainscoting
- Small Black Beetles In Bathroom
- Small Bathroom Decorating Ideas On A Budget
- Small Bedroom Layout Ideas For Rectangular Rooms