Replace Shower Valve Without Cutting Wall
As you replace your shower valve work carefully to make sure you don t forget any important details.
Replace shower valve without cutting wall. Ebrandt posted in general discussion on february 16 2008 12 16pm hi all i have to install a new rough in valve for a shower as the homeowner wants to change to a different brand of faucet while updating their bathroom. Presently there is a 4 hole cut in the shower wall for the existing valve. Removing the old valve and installing the new valve. If your shower valve is damaged beyond repair you may need to replace it to prevent leaks.
If you don t have an access panel you might be able to replace the faucet by cutting a hole in the shower surround problem 3 below but the best solution is to install a paintable plastic panel behind the faucet. I need to replace an old delta single handle crystal ball style shower valve with a new price pfister valve. It is a 1 piece pre formed stall shower fiberglass acrylic or whatever and there is no access available from the other side of the wall. Install new shower valve from front.
Replacing a shower valve can be tricky since access to the valve is often quite restricted. You ll find them in various sizes at plumbing suppliers some home centers or online search for access panel. Plumbing express the price matching plumber one call beats them all. I realize that i will probably have to cut into the fiberglass shower to make the hole around the valve bigger but could use suggestions to make the job easier.
24 7 valley wide service residential commercial multi housing price matching policy. There might be many reasons to replace a shower faucet but a common one is to install a new pressure balanced valve that senses fluctuations in the system and keeps the water temperature constant even if other fixtures and appliances are running while someone is showering. To locate the valve drill a pilot hole or two from the bathroom side next to the valve with a long bit. Here is a pic of the hole with existing vave and new replacement valve.
Trouble is i have no access to back of shower due to another bathroom located directly behind this one. This can be an important safety feature to prevent scalding. Removing your old valve and installing a new one can take time but with patience a novice handyman can do it without the help of a plumber. The original shower valve may have been installed during the rough in phase of the wall construction when the studs were exposed.
- Home Depot Delta Kitchen Faucets
- High End Kitchen Sink Faucets
- Hand Held Shower Heads Walmart
- Home Depot Bathroom Vanities And Cabinets
- Home Decorators Collection Bathroom Vanity
- Hibana 69 Acrylic Clawfoot Tub
- Home Depot Bathroom Faucets Brushed Nickel
- Home Depot Copper Bathroom Sink
- Home Depot Corner Shower Enclosures
- Home Depot Bronze Bathroom Faucets
- Home Depot Bronze Kitchen Faucet
- High Arch Vs Low Arc Bathroom Faucets
- Hansgrohe Brushed Nickel Bathroom Faucets
- Handheld Bidet Sprayer Hot And Cold
- Home Depot Area Rugs 5x7
- Hanging Kitchen Towels With Ties
- Holcam Bath And Shower Enclosures
- Home Depot Bathroom Vanity Faucets
- His And Hers Shower Heads
- Hand Held Shower Heads With On Off Switch