Installing A Utility Sink To Existing Plumbing
Secure the drain strainer in place with plumber s putty.
Installing a utility sink to existing plumbing. Roll some putty in your hands to warm it up. The best part is that you can get all the pieces you need to put in a sink on your own pretty cheaply assuming you already have water and drain access. I will replace the existing water lines. Move the sink near the pipes.
Rough in top out inspection in a single family residence 0 52 kitchen 3 13 laundry room 4 27 half bathroom 5 34 utility. Are used in plumbing systems. Set the sink into position inserting its chrome. Glue drain vent system to existing vent stack 5.
Using pvc cement mark the insides of your new pipes and the outsides. How to install a touchless kitchen faucet ask this old house plumbing and heating expert richard trethewey helps a. How to install a utility sink this old house this old house plumbing and heating expert richard trethewey plumbs a new basement sink. The reason is i want to install a utility sink near to them that can use the washer s water supplies and drain outlet.
Pipe and fittings are held in place with pipe hangers and strapping. How can i connect the sink supplies to the utility sink faucet and the sink s drain to the plastic pipe in which the washer drain hose is connected. Stack exchange network consists of 177 q a communities including stack overflow the largest. Assemble pvc pipe and fittings for new drain vent system 4.
Rough in the pvc trap assembly 6. Assemble your new pvc pipe and assorted fitting. Utility sinks are typically. Plumbing fixtures are exchangeable devices that use water and can be connected to a building s plumbing system.
How to install a utility sink adding a utility sink to your laundry room garage shed or even your kitchen is a fairly easy way to make access to water a lot easier. Then cut into the existing hot and cold waterlines with a tubing. Share improve this question follow edited may 18 17 at 14 51. Cut section from existing drain pipe and install a new wye fitting 3.
See below for a shopping list and. In addition to lengths of pipe or tubing pipe fittings such as valves elbows tees and unions. Rough in top out inspection in a single family residence plumbing. Begin the installation by shutting off the water and draining the system by opening all upper and lower fixture faucets.
Shut off the water supply line. Set the sink s tailpiece in a p trap. Turn off water 2. Assembling the sink s plumbing 1.
Connecting to an existing water line white pipe with a stainless steel tapping sleeve and valve red.
- Shower Head Adapter For Old Showers
- Shower Heads That Increase Water Pressure
- Shower Shut Off Valve Lowes
- Shower Pan Liner Installation Concrete Floor
- Shower Heads And Body Jets
- Shower Rod For Clawfoot Tub Home Depot
- Shower Kits For Small Bathrooms
- Shower Doors For Tight Spaces
- Shower Enclosures For Small Spaces
- Shower Rod As Curtain Rod
- Shower Rod For Corner Shower Stall
- Shower Head Shut Off Valve Home Depot
- Shower Doors San Diego Ca
- Shower Faucet With Temperature Control
- Shower Pan For Outdoor Shower
- Shower Doors San Antonio Tx
- Shower Faucet Kit With Valve
- Shower Rod For Sloped Wall
- Shower Faucet Leaking From Spout
- Shower Faucet Kit Brushed Nickel