Installing A Pedestal Bathroom Sink
To be absolutely sure position the pedestal sink and loosely install your new faucet pop up drain and p trap.
Installing a pedestal bathroom sink. Prep the rough plumbing part i. Assemble the sink on top of the pedestal and hold against the wall to mark for the position of the mounting bracket. Place the lavatory on the pedestal and then set it in the desired location. Off center and a few inches too low.
Place entire assembly on the bathroom floor where previous pedestal sink stood. Prep the rough plumbing. Our old drain was 6 in. That s the spot where the metal or plastic drain waste arm goes into the wall photo 2.
Remove the backsplash if it s a separate piece from the vanity top. Shut off your old sink s water supply and turn on the faucet to vent any pressure or water left in the lines. Anchor the bracket by driving screws into the 2 8 inside the wall. The first step is to pick out your sink and faucet.
Now measure from the floor to find the drain height and determine the best location to put the water supply valves mostly out of sight. Make sure the lavatory is level. While the wall is. To help you decide if you can or want to install a pedestal sink in your bathroom you need to measure the height of the existing drain opening in the wall.
Use a pencil to. Shut off the main water supply and drain the hot and cold lines into a bucket. If your vanity is. Line up drainage pipe to fit into wall thread.
How to install a pedestal sink pedestal sink overview. Cut the sealant along the backsplash. The water pipes also were in the wrong spot. Once you know the height of your sink you will need to open the wall behind the sink and install wood blocking to provide solid backing for the wall mount and for the lag screws.
Check that the bracket is level as you attach it. How to install a pedestal sink step 1. Then use the open end wrench to snug it up. First choose your sink thenhire a plumber to rough in a new waste pipe.
Using two adjustable wrenches remove the old supply stops from the hot and cold water lines image 1 and then. Allow any excess water to drain and remove the pipe. Place a bucket below your sink s drainpipe and loosen the nuts. Loosen the nuts to remove.
- What Do I Need To Tile A Shower
- What Kind Of Paint Do You Use On A Bathtub
- What Kind Of Shower Curtain For Clawfoot Tub
- What Is An Apron Front Sink
- What Is The Best Shower Head For Low Pressure
- What Is The Best Tile For A Shower Stall
- What Shower Valve Do I Have
- What Goes Behind Tile In A Shower
- What Shower Head Has The Best Pressure
- What Is A Bidet Used For
- What Is A Farmhouse Kitchen Sink
- What Is A Thermostatic Shower Valve
- What Is The Best Type Of Tile For A Shower Floor
- What S The Average Cost To Remodel A Bathroom
- What Paint To Use On Porcelain Bathtub
- What S The Difference Between Rain And Showers
- What Is A Bidet Faucet
- What Is A Bidet Toilet And How Does It Work
- What Do Bamboo Sheets Feel Like
- What Concrete For Shower Pan