How To Replace A Fiberglass Shower Pan With Tile Walls
Replace your tub with a shower in less than one hour.
How to replace a fiberglass shower pan with tile walls. Run full tile off the top of the pan with a 1 8 inch gap for caulking and go. Installation clean quick and easy. Install a moisture barrier paper or plastic sheeting over the studs. Install a cement board matching the existing drywall thickness.
Watch the drainpipe as you do this. In most cases replacing the walls along with the pan is the best method. This isn t especially problematic if the pan was installed separately from the shower walls but it can be tricky if the pan is part of a one piece fiberglass stall and it may need professional expertise. Place your pry bar under the front of the shower pan and slowly begin to lift it up.
Home repair tutor 1 651 512 views. Tie the two side walls into the back wall so that the cuts are only visible when standing in the shower. If the drainpipe starts to lift with the shower pan hold it in place by putting a screwdriver on the edge or lip of the drain pipe and pushing it down. How to build a walk in shower part 1.
Remove drywall where the new tile will go. Tile s beauty acrylic fiberglass practicality most tile companies will take on this type of project. Installation clean quick and easy. Fiberglass shower walls since the shower pan is installed before the fiberglass surround and shower walls with the shower walls overlapping the edge of the pan removing the pan alone requires extra work.
Wipe the tile and the fiberglass pan with a clean cloth soaked in rubbing alcohol to remove any dust grout residue or construction debris that may be present. Mark the shower tile layout. Keep lifting the pan until it clears the drain. The proper way to tile over a fiberglass shower pan is to remove the pan.
Real ceramic or glass tiled wall panels tub and shower enclosures. Doing so can save you money on tile work plus this system has functional value because it gives you the best of both worlds.
- 42 Inch Corner Shower Base
- 42 X 48 Shower Base
- 36 Inch Stainless Steel Farm Sink
- 42 Curved Shower Curtain Rod
- 4 1 4 Shower Drain Cover
- 36 X 36 Corner Shower Doors
- 42 Inch Frameless Shower Door
- 42 Frameless Glass Shower Door
- 36 Inch Vessel Sink Vanity
- 4 Piece Fiberglass Tub Shower Enclosures
- 48 Inch Bath Vanity With Top
- 36 Stainless Steel Farmhouse Sink Double Bowl
- 46 Inch Frameless Pivot Shower Door
- 36 Inch Round Corner Shower
- 42 X 21 Kitchen Sink
- 48 Inch Double Vanity Top
- 4 Light Bath Vanity Light
- 36 Stainless Steel Farmhouse Sink
- 36 X 36 Corner Shower Rod
- 38 Inch Neo Angle Shower Base