How To Remove Shower Pan Drain
The parts of the shower drain include the strainer strainer body shower pan rubber gasket and drain body.
How to remove shower pan drain. The basic type of drain cover a snap on cover connects by simply snapping the drain cover into place onto the drain. Remove the drain from the bottom of the pan. The standard shower drain is held in place with a screw driven through the center into a lower support. Although oftentimes overlooked shower drain covers are actually very important parts of a bathroom.
The strainer portion of the shower drain is visible when standing in the shower. It may become necessary to remove a shower drain due to water leakage through some of the interlocking parts. Let it sit for 5 10 minutes then examine the drain for any screws you need to remove and take them out if you find any. Insert 2 nose pliers into the drain openings and grip the plier handles firmly then twist them both to the left to begin loosening the drain.
The snap on variety may be held in place with some. Lifting the pan out while it s still attached to the drain can cause the drain line to break or crack deep within the pipe where it s not easy to fix. Other drain covers connect with no visible screws or support media. Use a screwdriver to remove the drain cover to access the tightening mechanism adapter ring within the pan s drain area that connects the pan to.
You can save yourself a lot of hassle and a plumbing bill by disconnecting the drain now. Continue twisting the drain until it is completely loosened then lift the drain out of its. Watch this video to learn how easy it. Removing a fiberglass shower pan is not as difficult as you might think.
This lubricant can help loosen things and can make. How to remove a shower tray quick and easy check out all my shower build videos just search kooper salmo shower. Watch this video to learn how easy it really is to remove a fiberglass shower pan. Not only they ensure you don t lose pieces of jewelry down the drain when you forget to take them off during a shower they divide the drainage pipe and shower enclosure so that large debris do not cause clogging in the drain and ripple into more plumbing disasters.
Before you try to remove a shower drain wipe it dry with a towel then spray it with a lubricant like wd 40 or a silicone drain lubricant.
- Brown And Pink Bathroom Sets
- Brown And Gold Bathroom Sets
- Brushed Nickel Curved Shower Rod
- Black White Striped Bath Towels
- Brondell Swash 1000 Bidet Toilet Seat
- Brushed Nickel Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
- Brondell Freshspa Easy Bidet Toilet Seat Attachment In White
- Blue Shower Tile Design Ideas
- Blue Bedroom Ideas For Young Adults
- Bowed Out Shower Curtain Rod
- Bright Solid Color Shower Curtains
- Boy Toddler Bedroom Ideas For Small Rooms
- Blanco Stainless Steel Farmhouse Sink
- Brushed Nickel Tension Shower Rod
- Brondell Swash 1000 Bidet Seat
- Brushed Nickel Two Handle Tub Shower Faucet
- Bronze Rain Shower Head Ceiling Mount
- Brushed Nickel Rain Shower Head
- Bride And Groom Beach Towels
- Bronze Rain Shower Head Combo