How To Refurbish A Clawfoot Tub
Turn the valve over and unscrew the screw holding the washer to the end.
How to refurbish a clawfoot tub. Remove any old plumbing fixtures. The mix should remove grime without harming the porcelain finish. Begin by shutting off both hot and cold water supplies image 1. But it was a pretty sad existence as evidenced by the bathroom literally falling apart around it.
With the tub moved to a suitable work space the stripping. Our tub came with the old faucet drain and overflow still attached. Once the stripper has softened the paint scrape off the paint and stripper using a 3 inch wide putty knife. How to reglaze a clawfoot tub step 1.
Place drop cloths around the tub making sure to completely cover anything needing extra. How to refurbish an old clawfoot bathtub step 1 prepare work area. How to refurbish a clawfoot tub clawfoot bathtub refinishing cast iron tub clawfoot bathtub refinishing cast iron tub how to refinish an antique claw foot tub check out my new how to re an old clawfoot tub interior and exterior refinishing how to reglaze a clawfoot tub tos diy how to refinish an antique claw foot tub check out my new. Replace the stem screw the nut back on and replace the handle.
Sand the exterior of the tub. Yes this is what that bathroom looked like when. Loosen and disconnect water supply lines and. While wearing a dual cartridge respirator brush a.
Before doing any work to the clawfoot bathtub you should have a well prepared area to work. The next step of. Step 2 remove rust and old paint. How to refinish an old clawfoot tub.
We ve gotten a lot of questions about how we ve rescued the clawfoot tub at our beach house so let s just dive right into what worked and what didn t and how we nursed this baby back to life. For reglazing a tub a respirator mask is required. Replace the washer with a new one. Step 3 clean.
Sponge wipe the tub with a solution of warm water and one fourth cup each of baking soda and ammonia. Pull out the valve after you have removed the nut by gripping the stem with the pliers and pulling upward. The hardest part of restoring an old clawfoot bathtub is removing the rust and paint.
- Pottery Barn Area Rugs Sale
- Plastic Hand Held Shower Heads
- Price Pfister 3 Handle Shower Valve
- Pictures Of Walk In Showers With Seats
- Pure Fiber Bamboo Sheets Review
- Pink 8 Year Old Bedroom Ideas Girl
- Polished Brass Bathroom Faucets Widespread
- Project Source Tub And Shower Faucet
- Pink And Brown Bathroom Rugs
- Plum Bedroom Ideas For Teenage Girls
- Polished Nickel Curved Shower Curtain Rod
- Pink Non Slip Bath Mat
- Porcelain Cross Handle Bathroom Faucets
- Princess Theme Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Plastic Shower Curtain Rod Cover
- Pink Bathroom Sets Bath Accessories
- Polder Duo Shower Curtain Rod Chrome
- Preparing Shower Floor For Tile
- Plastic Utility Sink With Drainboard
- Powder Room Vanities With Vessel Sinks