How To Paint A Metal Bathtub
Thank you for watching.
How to paint a metal bathtub. Let the coat completely dry before applying a second coat. Roy evans professional painter will show you how to make it look as good as new using white knight tub n tile. In this video from bunnings warehouse you ll learn how to paint a bathtub. Apply one coat of enamel or an epoxy based paint to the tub.
This old tub has the depth that you need to have a nice relaxation moment and that is why i want to show you how to extend the life of this heavy tub for many more years. How to paint a bathtub. Allow the bathtub to dry then go over it entirely with 400 grit sandpaper. Let the primer dry for one hour or the recommended time on the primer s container.
Wait six hours for the primed bathtub to cure. If you don t have a specific caulk removal. Start by removing the old caulk. Have you got an old bath tub that needs a bit of t l c.
Make sure that anything you use to apply the epoxy is disposable. If you can t afford to fully renovate your bathroom there are still things that you can do to modernise your bathroom. How to prepare a bathtub for painting. To apply paint to your bathtub with a brush apply a thin coat starting in one corner of the tub and working your way across with an even stroke.
Scrub the bathtub with comet cleaner and scour pads. Wash the galvanized metal etching primer from the brush with warm water. Apply the epoxy to the chip with a small spatula paint brush or bottom of a matchstick. Remove old caulk and the tub s hardware.
Use lime cleaner to remove any lime or calcium buildup or stains. Check out the professional refinishing process on this old ugly bathtub that would seem almost impossible to clean. Apply epoxy appliance paint to the primed steel bathtub using the clean paintbrush. Apply a metal primer evenly on the tub s surface to cover any scratches chips and other imperfections.
Then work your way back and repeat until. Spread it carefully in a thin layer over the chip by working in 1 direction and smooth out any spots where it pools.
- Trailer Hitch Toilet Seat Cabelas
- Toilet Seat Booster For Adults
- Toilet Seat With Water Jet
- Tile Shower With Shower Pan
- Tile Ready Shower Pan With Seat
- Tile Over Cultured Marble Shower
- Tile Shower With Plastic Base
- Top Mount Stainless Steel Apron Sink
- Top Mount Apron Kitchen Sink
- Tile Shower Wall Soap Holder
- Toilet Seat With Toddler Seat
- Tri Fold Lighted Makeup Mirror
- Tile Redi Shower Pan Installation
- Tile Shower In Mobile Home
- Toilet Seat Won T Stay Up
- Tile Over Plastic Shower Pan
- Traditional Bathroom Floor Tile Ideas
- Tile Ready Shower Pan 36 X 60
- Toilet Seat With Bidet Functionality
- Tile Shower Floor Leaking Fix