How To Paint A Clawfoot Tub
Spray the exterior of the tub with the paint just as you did with the primer.
How to paint a clawfoot tub. We had just purchased the new old house but we hadn t taken possession yet so we were hoarding gathering furnishings and materials and selling our old stuff on craigslist. We knew the upstairs bathroom was lacking a tub see photo below and we were trying to decide whether we would add a tub or just make a. But it was a pretty sad existence as evidenced by the bathroom literally falling apart around it. I could swear that i wrote a post about it about a year ago but now i can t seem to find it.
Hand brush small areas with a wire brush and scrape off any loose paint. Apply two more additional coats of enamel allowing each to dry before adding the next. Sand the outside of the tub. How to paint a clawfoot tub have i ever actually told you guys how we found the clawfoot tub.
How to refinish an old clawfoot tub. Next rinse freely with cold water with a sponge or cloth. We ve gotten a lot of questions about how we ve rescued the clawfoot tub at our beach house so let s just dive right into what worked and what didn t and how we nursed this baby back to life. Place the tape around the curved top edge of the bathtub to protect porcelain interior of the tub from grinding along the edge.
Give the outside of the tub a light sanding removing the sheen of the tub s finish. Grind and sand with an orbital sander or grinder. Yes this is what that bathroom looked like when. How to paint a tub remove the legs and other hardware.
Take off the clawfeet and any other hardware you can remove from the bottom. Empty and clean the paint sprayer per the manufacturer s instructions. The tub existed in the house when we bought it last october saturday will be our 1 year house iversary. An ordinary paint brush will be used in refinishing a clawfoot tub and care must be taken not to miss any areas and not to apply the primer too thick.
Place the tub on the painter s cloth. A very thin even coat is necessary.
- Frameless Shower Door Bottom Guide
- Farmhouse Style Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Floating Bathroom Vanity 60 Inch Single Sink
- Floor Plan Ideas For 4 Bedroom House
- Floating Shelves For Bathroom Towels
- Frameless Glass Shower Door Stop
- Fluffy Rugs For Living Room
- Farmhouse Sink With White Cabinets
- Frameless Pivot Tub Shower Door
- Farmhouse Bathroom Sink And Vanity
- Frameless Glass Shower Door Seal
- Frameless Glass Tub Shower Enclosures
- Fiberglass Shower Enclosures That Look Like Tile
- Frameless Glass Shower Door Gap
- Frameless Shower Door Bottom Sweep
- Framed Recessed Medicine Cabinets With Mirrors
- Fiberglass Shower Stall With Seat
- Fourth Of July Beach Towels
- Fleur De Lis Bath Mat
- Flush Mount Bathroom Medicine Cabinets