How To Make A Shower Curtain Rod Stay In Place
This is actually not as simple as it sounds you have to keep in mind the height of the shower curtain and also the distance the curtain will lie from the edge of the tub.
How to make a shower curtain rod stay in place. Make marks on the wall where you will connect the shower curtain rod. I use a bit of rope caulking get it nice warm and sticky then put up shower rod stuff the rope caulking around the pole and a double portion under it forming a cup shape. When hung the bottom of the curtain should fall four to six inches below the top edge of the tub. A typical shower curtain is 72 x 72.
The half canning jar seal keeps the rod from slipping since it has a slight lip around the outer edge. The felt pads keep it from sliding futher down the tile wall. If the walls on either side of the shower are drywall you may not be able to tighten the tension rod enough without cracking the walls. The tape holds the rod in place.
Closet pole holders will keep the rod from falling. Choose and place a tiny mark in the spot you want the rod to be on both walls. On each side of the shower opening attach a suction cup to your shower wall. You can get packs of suction cups at home improvement stores.
There is a way to make it stay. This will keep it securely in place until you want to take the rod down. Hang the shower curtain rod at an angle with one end several inches higher than you want it. First adjust your shower curtain to be a few inches longer than the shower.
This ensures that the water that hits the shower curtain drains into the tub and not onto the floor.
- Kohler Groove Shower Base Review
- Kohler One Piece Toilet Seat Anchor
- Kohler Levity Frameless Shower Door
- Kohler Dickinson Apron Front Sink
- Kraus 24 Undermount Kitchen Sink
- Kohler Memoirs Pedestal Sink Lowes
- Kohler Caxton Undermount Bathroom Sink
- Kohler Memoirs 24 Inch Pedestal Sink
- Kohler Toilet Seat Color Chart
- Kohler Shower Base 48 X 36
- Kohler Shower Heads With Hand Shower
- Kraus 36 Inch Farmhouse Double Bowl Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
- Kohler Slow Close Round Toilet Seat
- Kohler Frameless Sliding Glass Shower Doors
- L Shaped Shower Curtain Rod 60 X 36
- Kohler Coralais Shower Faucet Parts
- Kohler Santa Rosa Pedestal Sink
- Kohler Memoirs Pedestal Sink 24
- Kohler Frameless Shower Door Installation
- Kohler Memoirs Stately Pedestal Sink