How To Install Apron Front Sink
Installing an apron front sink.
How to install apron front sink. Many people wonder how to install a farmhouse sink but it s relatively easy if you understand the style and purpose of this type of sink. I first measured the underside of my sink to determine how deep the frame needed to be. Farmhouse or apron front sinks are characterized by their exposed front basin and installation underneath countertops as opposed to a lip sitting on top of the counter but their most distinctive feature is their vintage style that s reminiscent of the large practical working sinks in you guessed it farmhouses. A large porcelain sink can weigh 300 pounds when filled with water so supports must be added to the cabinet to carry this weight.
Use silicone sealant to seal everywhere that the farm apron sink meets the countertop. I then cut the top plate to length and cut the legs long enough so when the top plate was attached the sub frame would come up to the previous line 1 8 from the top edge. Not the only way but seemed like a easy solution without a lot of bulky support pieces. Make the water supply and drain hook ups.
Apron sinks are typically pretty heavy and need a sub frame to support their weight. Cost skill level start to finish 1. 5 tips for installing an apron front sink consider the sink s weight. A how to of how i installed a farm sink in a kitchen.
Slip the sink into place and then install the countertops. Most kitchen sinks drop into a hole cut in the top of the countertop and are supported by. Cut out holes where necessary in the plywood for the drain lines to hook up to the bottom side of the sink. Most apron sinks do not have precut holes for faucets.
Which drop into a hole cut in the countertop and are supported by the countertop and cabinets below an apron front sink slides into an opening or gap in a countertop and is supported by the base cabinet only. Take measurements and add supports. You ll need to drill them into the countertop in the strip between the sink and the backsplash and then mount the kitchen faucet directly to the countertop.
- Bathroom Framed Mirror Medicine Cabinets
- Basco Shower Doors Cincinnati Ohio
- Bath Sink Faucets Single Handle
- Bath Mat That Turns Red When Wet
- Bathroom Designs With Shower Only
- Bath Mat For Textured Tub
- Bath Mat For Round Shower
- Barclay Shower Rod Ceiling Support
- Bath Mat Without Suction Cups
- Bathroom Faucet Leaking Under Sink
- Bath And Body Shower Curtains
- Back To Wall Freestanding Bath
- Bathroom Designs With Jacuzzi Tub
- Bathroom Faucets With White Porcelain Handles
- Bamboo Sheets Vs Cotton Sheets
- Bathroom Exhaust Fan Home Depot
- Bathroom Faucets For Pedestal Sinks
- Bamboo Dish Rack With Utensil Holder
- Bathroom Countertops For Vessel Sinks
- Bathroom Fixtures Toilet Paper Holder