How To Install A Fiberglass Shower Base
With a little know how you can do it yourself.
How to install a fiberglass shower base. If your shower is located in an area with a potentially unstable floor a flexible shower pan may help compensate for some of the floor s instability. This video from bunnings will show you in just a few steps how to prepare the floor mix. Screw the flanges of the shower pan into the wall studs using at least 1 1 2 inch wood screws. Fiberglass acrylic shower pans are pure practicality.
For the water to drain correctly once the shower is in use the base which has an integrated slope to move water toward. As you re working don t let any caulk run over the lip of the pan as doing so can affect the fit and seal of the side. Measure the walls that will come in contact with your shower. You ll also need to caulk the joint where the pan meets.
Where do you start. Installing an acrylic shower base is easier than you think. Clean all old adhesive things and loose debris from the surface using. For example a second floor bathroom in an older home with a settling foundation will probably benefit from having a fiberglass or acrylic shower pan.
Dennis coffey 92 849 views. Time to replace that old nasty shower. Easy by brewing up a nice hot cup of joe and watching jeff do it first. Then you ll need a new shower pan.
Add shims to compensate for any sloping of the subfloor so that the acrylic or fiberglass pan sits level. Prepare the selected area for installation. Measure the installation space of the new shower pan. They are strong enough to hold in water and hold up bathers but flexible enough to respond to changes in the house s structure over time.
Drill pilot holes into the flange that are slightly smaller than the size of the screws if. Use a thin coat of caulk about the thickness of a piece of masking tape spread over each penetration location.
- Www Sterlingplumbing Com Baths And Showers Shower Stalls
- Wrap Around Tub Shower Curtain Rod
- Wholesale Kitchen Towels And Potholders
- Yellow And Grey Kitchen Rugs
- Wooden Dish Rack Bed Bath And Beyond
- Yellow And Teal Bathroom Decor
- White Porcelain Undermount Kitchen Sink
- White Marble Corner Shower Shelf
- Yellow And Grey Bathroom Sets
- Widespread Bathroom Faucet With Cross Handles
- Wide Medicine Cabinets With Mirrors
- Wholesale Beach Towels For Embroidery
- White Subway Tile Shower Niche
- Yellow And Gray Kitchen Towels
- White Memory Foam Bath Mat
- White Subway Tile Bathroom Ideas
- Yellow Accent Wall Bedroom Ideas
- Whitehaus 36 Inch Farmhouse Sink
- Wood Medicine Cabinets Surface Mount
- Wrap Around Shower Curtain Rod