How To Build A Shower Pan Video
A shower pan works as a waterproof dam sloped toward a drain.
How to build a shower pan video. How to make a shower pan. In this video i ll show you how to make a mortar shower pan. Let s learn how to pour a shower pan shall we. It s been 7 years since i made this shower pan and not one crack or leak.
The method i employ. There are many construction steps involved in the build but here i will discuss one of the earliest steps building the shower pan. The process of building a shower ground up is difficult there are many aspects there is an order in doing each task and there are dangers if not done right. Concrete will absorb water and you will have no idea where it travels and what it is effecting.
And thank you for coming. The curb is the edge of your pan that isn t along a wall and where you would step into the shower. Find the length of the side of your shower area that doesn t have a wall. Just take your time and go slow.
Just don t let the concrete slab trick you into thinking that you don t need to waterproof the shower pan because you do. In this video i cover things people. There are several ways to make a shower pan waterproof a pre made pan can be used made of plastic or concrete. Build a curb for the shower pan using 2 in 4 in 5 1 cm 10 2 cm boards.
Here is a link to part 2 where the camera dies if you would like to see how the curb is filled and the liner cut. Draw the outline of the shower floor on the subfloor to use as a pattern for setting the mortar forms. Pre made pans are usually available only in certain standard sizes. Another method involves a hot mop of waterproof rubberized material professionally installed.
A mortar shower pan is so much nicer than a store bought fiberglass unit. How to waterproof your shower installation with the schluter kerdi shower kit complete kit duration. Follow these industry best practice steps and you. Building a shower stall over a concrete slab is a straight forward process.
Once you established your drain setup you ll want to buy a shower pan drain as shown in the video. If you have a concrete floor you can. Nail an 8d nail next to the wall and. Lay a 2 in 4 in 5 1 cm 10 2 cm board that s the length you need and nail it into the subfloor.
Stack 2 more boards on top of the first one and nail them in place every 8 inches 20 cm.
- Bathroom Sink Drain Home Depot
- Bathroom Makeovers On A Budget Pictures
- Bathroom Remodel West Palm Beach
- Bathroom Rug Toilet Cover Sets
- Bathroom Remodel Pictures For Small Bathrooms
- Bathroom Paint Colors For Small Bathrooms
- Bathroom Renovation Ideas Small Space
- Bathroom Ideas With Gold Fixtures
- Bathroom Remodel Tub To Shower
- Bathroom Remodel Cedar Park Tx
- Bathroom Paint Color Ideas For Small Bathrooms
- Bathroom Pedestal Sinks For Small Spaces
- Bathroom Mats And Rugs Sets
- Bathroom Sets With Shower Curtain And Rugs And Accessories
- Bathroom Medicine Cabinets Without Mirrors
- Bathroom Shelf With Towel Bar
- Bathroom Rugs That Absorb Water
- Bathroom Medicine Cabinets Recessed Home Depot
- Bathroom Sink 18 X 20 Drop In
- Bathroom Medicine Cabinets At Home Depot