How Much Is A Cast Iron Clawfoot Tub Worth
Claw foot tubs that are smaller or larger than that are worth more as are those with more unique shapes like slipper tubs which have a raised back and are generally smaller or soaker tubs which have no legs and sit flush with the floor.
How much is a cast iron clawfoot tub worth. However if the tub is not suitable for resale scrapping the bathtub may prove worth your time. Older tubs are likely to be double rounded rather than having a squared off end or they may have a raised end to support the back of the bather called slipper style. There is extreme variance in the possible price for a cast iron tub. Sep 11 2005 if the enamel is dull but not chipped around 200 if the enamel is still shiny with a gloss 1000 3000 very rare.
If your cast iron bathtub is still intact you may find it worthwhile to resell the bathtub instead of scrapping it. There are several factors that help determine the value of a vintage tub and considerations to keep in mind both when selling or buying an old claw foot tub. The absence of a stamp on a cast iron clawfoot tub could mean it s a mid 20th century generic model but it could also mean the tub was produced before stamping became commonplace. The tub will look smooth and brand new again but will not last nearly as long as a new cast iron clawfoot tub.
It was reportedly 5 feet long and made of pottery. When freestanding clawfoot tubs originated in the 19th century they were made out of cast iron and lined with porcelain which made them perfect for long soaks the iron retains heat really well but also very heavy like upwards of 400 pounds. An unstamped tub that lacks faucet drillings could have been custom made for a well to do household in the mid 1800s or earlier. The median price is around 1500 for the tub alone.
A number of factors influence the total price when all values are taken into account. Later versions were built into a bathroom rather than free standing but most are the standard five feet long by 30 inches side. Since many cast iron tubs are antiques they can fetch a premium well over their scrap value up to about 2 000. How do i determine the fair market value of a cast iron bathtub.
- Best Bathroom Faucets Consumer Reports
- Best Faucet For Farmhouse Sink
- Best High Power Shower Head
- Best Faucet For Pedestal Sink
- Bed Bath And Beyond Vanity Table
- Best High Flow Shower Head
- Bendable Shower Curtain Rod Chrome Finish
- Best Clawfoot Tub Shower Enclosure
- Bed Bath Beyond Shower Rod
- Best 10x Lighted Makeup Mirror
- Bed Bath And Beyond Kids Shower Curtains
- Bed Bath Beyond Gel Mat
- Best Bathroom Faucets For Hard Water
- Bed Bath Beyond Dish Drying Rack
- Best Bathroom Faucets For The Money
- Best Handheld Shower Head Consumer Reports
- Bed Bath And Beyond Silverware Tray
- Bemis Easy Clean And Change Toilet Seat Instructions
- Best Bidet Toilet Seat Attachment
- Best Faucet For Farm Sink