How Long Is A Clawfoot Tub
While a clawfoot tub is great for relaxation and bringing a classic feel to bathroom decor a clawfoot tub is actually very impractical.
How long is a clawfoot tub. This is considered to be the medium size of a clawfoot bathtub. All about the clawfoot tub. Today replicas of the classic tubs are made out of acrylic or fiberglass which are not nearly as heavy and require relatively less maintenance. The most common and familiar clawfoot tub is the classic roll top bath which were made by the millions between 1890 and 1940.
146 share on pinterest. For the small size you have a length of 48 inches with a width of 30 inches which creates a compact bathtub size which is fairly popular. 80 share on reddit. Benna crawford at hunker says that while the industry standard for shower curtains is 72 inches by 72 inches it may be that you require a custom shape for your antique clawfoot.
Traditional size the traditional size of a standard clawfoot tub was 5 feet long. Clawfoot tub sizing guide. Four different ranges in height were used for the purpose of this guide. 39 share on twitter.
Clawfoot tubs come in a wide range of dimensions. It s ubiquitous with historic homes and is the central focus of almost any bathroom since it is usually the biggest element. The absence of a stamp on a cast iron clawfoot tub could mean it s a mid 20th century generic model but it could also mean the tub was produced before stamping became commonplace. Clawfoot tubs evoke images of long relaxing soaks in the bath.
The epitome of of the historic bathroom tub has to be the clawfoot tub. August 27 2018 june 2 2020 by scott sidler. Compare with the height that is closest to you. Custom curtains for freestanding tubs should be about 180 inches wide so they can encircle the entire tub if that s what you re going for.
Some of us are fortunate enough to have the original antique cast iron claw foot tubs that came with our house but other homes have. When freestanding clawfoot tubs originated in the 19th century they were made out of cast iron and lined with porcelain which made them perfect for long soaks the iron retains heat really well but also very heavy like upwards of 400 pounds. The rim is traditionally rolled giving it a vintage appeal. 89 share on facebook.
An unstamped tub that lacks faucet drillings could have been custom made for a well to do household in the mid 1800s or earlier. If you re purchasing this curtain to use with a ceiling mounted track style shower rod for your clawfoot tub you will be better off purchasing two curtains to mount together as at 72 inches by 72 inches the length is much too short for all round water protection. The legs are sturdy and slightly ornate and the color is usually white or off white.
- Amazon Hand Held Shower Heads
- American Standard Shower Faucet Parts
- American Standard 212 Toilet Seat
- Adding A Shower To A Small Bathroom
- American Standard Evolution Pedestal Sink
- American Shower And Bath Utility Sink
- America Bathtub And Tile Refinishing
- American Bath Factory Clawfoot Tub
- American Standard Pedestal Sink Base
- American Standard Shower Faucet Cartridge
- American Standard Shower Valve Problems
- American Standard Corner Shower Kit
- Allen And Roth Shower Rod
- American Standard Ravenna Pedestal Sink
- All Glass Shower Doors Enclosures
- Adjustable Curved Shower Rod For Small Shower
- American Standard Shower Valve Cartridge
- American Standard Kitchen Faucets Home Depot
- Air Button For Jetted Tub
- Alternatives To Tile Shower Walls