How High To Install Shower Rod
However consider the difference between the rod placement and where the liner attaches to the shower curtain rings.
How high to install shower rod. Most people choose to install it directly above the edge of your tub 72 75 in 180 190 cm above the floor. Instinct might tell you that if you are installing a curved shower rod the end brackets should be set inward slightly on the end walls for your shower or tub to compensate for the outward bow of the rod. If your shower has a shower pan and no tub lip the shower curtain runs the entire length from the floor to the top of the rod. That means the rod should be placed 5 feet 7 inches from the top of the tub.
Therefore it is important to measure the length of the curtain with a tape measure and transfer this measurement onto the shower wall. The curtain hooks can add another 2 inches or so giving a total length of 74. If the liner dangles 2 inches below the rod you can add that to the. Add another 1 4 inch to the overall measurement so the curtain does not drag on.
A standard shower curtain is 72 tall and ideally should be hung no higher than 6 from the floor. The standard shower curtain is 72 inches 183 cm long and when it is linked to shower hooks it usually gains another two inches five cm. The shower curtain hangs down about 1 inch from the center of the rod because of the rings. In this home the tallest the occupants or relatives are is 6 2.
In fact it s best to position the mounting brackets for the new curved shower rod at exactly the same position used for the old rod. In reality this is not necessary as the curve of the shower rod does not bow outward enough to cause problems. Shower curtain rod height a standard shower curtain is typically 72 inches long so the curtain rod should be installed around 75 to 77 inches from the floor. To prevent the curtain from dragging on the floor of the tub hang the curved shower rod at a height of 74 inches or more.
Add 1 inch to account for the length of the shower rings. A standard shower curtain is 72 long. Measure and mark the height of your brackets. Extra long curtains are also available for high ceilings.
This height will keep the shower. Use a measuring tape and a pencil or dry erase marker to put a dot where you re going to install the bracket. Select a location on your wall to install your shower rod.
- Diy Clawfoot Tub Shower Curtain Rod
- Double Threshold Shower Base 34x48
- Does Blizzard Beach Provide Towels
- Double Sink Bathroom Vanity Clearance
- Design Your Own Bathroom Vanity
- Do Bamboo Sheets Keep You Cool
- Double Sink Bathroom Vanity Ideas
- Double Shower Rod Brushed Nickel
- Does Walgreens Sell Beach Towels
- Doorless Walk In Shower Small Bathroom
- Different Types Of Showers For Your Bathroom
- Designer Fabric Shower Curtains Extra Long
- Double Sink Vanity With Storage Tower
- Do Showers Use More Water Than Baths
- Double Curved Tension Shower Rod
- Double Kitchen Sink With Drainboard
- Do Rain Shower Heads Use More Water
- Double Sink Vanity With Tower
- Do You Need A Permit To Remodel A Bathroom In California
- Diy Corner Shower Curtain Rod