How High Should I Hang My Shower Curtain Rod
The average shower curtain is 70 to 72 inches wide or 10 to 12 inches wider than the average tub shower.
How high should i hang my shower curtain rod. Assume that the shower curtain will hang approximately 1 1 2 inches below the center of the rod and that you would like. Assuming you re outfitting a living room or bedroom with average ceiling height 8 feet high an interior designer s rule of thumb would be to mount the curtain rod about a half foot above the. Shower curtain rod height a standard shower curtain is typically 72 inches long so the curtain rod should be installed around 75 to 77 inches from the floor. The height of the shower rod placement is one of the most important factors to consider.
If the liner dangles 2 inches below the rod you can add that to the. When you hang the curtain rod high it will make the window appear taller. Most tubs and showers are about 60 inches wide. This height is usually determined by the length.
However consider the difference between the rod placement and where the liner attaches to the shower curtain rings. That means the rod should be placed 5 feet 7 inches from the top of the tub. Showers with shower pans. Don t scrimp on length.
The standard shower curtain is 72 inches 183 cm long and when it is linked to shower hooks it usually gains another two inches five cm. The length of the curtain dictates the height of the rod. Place the shower rod at least 74 inches 188 cm above the shower floor. To prevent the curtain from dragging on the floor of the tub hang the curved shower rod at a height of 74 inches or more.
If it is 6 feet long figure that it should hang below the rim of the tub at least 5 inches. If you buy 84 inch long curtains the rod must be mounted roughly 84 inches from the floor if the curtains hang from the rod without rings. Go high a rule of thumb from architectural digest is that curtains should be hung between 4 to 6 inches above the window frame so install your curtain rod accordingly. This allows the shower curtain and liner to overlap the shower by a few inches on each side to keep water from escaping.
This height will keep the shower.
- Bathroom Vanities 72 Double Sink White
- Bathroom Sink With Makeup Area
- Bathroom Tub And Tile Ideas
- Bathroom Vanity Units With Basin
- Bathroom Vanity Tops With Integrated Sink
- Bathroom Vanities With Countertop And Sink
- Bathroom Towel And Rug Sets
- Bathroom Vanity Units With Basin And Toilet 1200mm
- Bathroom Sink Faucet With Sprayer
- Bathroom Tub And Shower Fixtures
- Bathroom Sink Faucets For Vessel Sinks
- Bathroom Tile And Paint Ideas
- Bathroom Vanity With Integrated Sink
- Bathroom Tile Floor Ideas Photos
- Bathroom Vanities 28 Inches Wide
- Bathroom Toilet And Sink Vanity Units
- Bathroom Vanity With Bowl Sink
- Bathroom Vanity And Sink Combo
- Bathroom Vanity Tops For Vessel Sinks
- Bathroom Sink With Metal Legs