Connecting Utility Sink To Washer Drain
Locate the section of the drain pipe for y fitting installation.
Connecting utility sink to washer drain. The room s drain pipe and vent pipe have to be sawn apart so you can connect them to the sink. A slop sink utility sink is an easy but not recommended way to connect a washing machine drain hose. You will need to have a standpipe or laundry sink for connecting the drain hose. Cut the drain pipe at the.
Subtract 1 inch from the measurement. You may need to use a large hose clamp to keep the filter in place. It s recommended that you place the sink as close to a drain pipe as possible. Utility sinks require a little bit of plumbing knowledge to install correctly.
The reason is i want to install a utility sink near to them that can use the washer s water supplies and drain outlet. Measure and mark the predetermined measurement on. If you connect the washing machine drain hose permanently to the sink drain the potential for backflow exists. One way to prevent that is to make a high loop in the drain hose that rises above the flood rim of the sink before connecting it to the sink drain much as you do with a dishwasher.
Check out this video to see the conclusion of the utility sink installation. How can i connect the sink supplies to the utility sink faucet and the sink s drain to the plastic pipe in which the washer drain hose is connected. Washing machine drain hose to utility sink once you have the drain hose installed on the utility sink add a homemade filter to the end of the drain hose where the waste water comes out such as a pair of pantyhose or an old sock. In this video i am using an old garden hose section to complete the drain for this project for under 5.
Move the washer into its place. Having a standpipe or laundry sink is the most common solution for connecting the drain hose. Measure the length of the waste y fitting. Typically the hose is hung from over the side and then over the top rim of the sink.
How to connect a laundry sink washing machine to the same drain 1. I will replace the existing water lines.
- Average Labor Cost For Bathroom Remodel
- Apron Sink Pros And Cons
- American Standard Single Handle Shower Faucet
- Anatomy Of A Shower Drain
- American Standard Walk In Tub Reviews
- Antique Cast Iron Kitchen Sink
- American Standard Toilet Seat Hinges
- American Standard Toilet Seat Sizes
- Are Bamboo Sheets Better Than Cotton
- Aquasource Shower Faucet Replacement Parts
- Average Cost Of Frameless Shower Door
- Baby Bath Tub For Small Spaces
- Apron Front Sink Base Cabinet
- Are All Shower Curtains The Same Length
- Average Shower Curtain Rod Length
- Aquafinish Bathtub And Tile Refinishing Kit
- Avg Cost Of Bathroom Remodel
- Apron Front Sink With Faucet Holes
- Approximate Cost To Remodel A Bathroom
- Antique Soap Dish Clawfoot Tub