Clawfoot Tub Feet Falling Off
I think i ve called just about everyone in the dc area that works in plumbing re glazing and no one says they repair the legs of clawfoot tubs.
Clawfoot tub feet falling off. If so did you hire someone to repair it. It s on top of some little white ceramic casters supposedly designed for claw foots we bought from a reputable plumbing supplier and that sits on top of our ceramic tile floor. We ve tried jamming it back in place but it keeps falling off and even the foot is heavy. How to fix a loose clawfoot tub foot.
American standard clawfoot tub with tapered wedge and set screw tub feet are typically first put on with the tub upside down. But it was a pretty sad existence as evidenced by the bathroom literally falling apart around it. Jfandre ia my wife and i remodeled our bathroom about 5 years ago using an old claw foot tub. If so would you recommend them.
Recently one of our fans over on facebook asked about fixing a clawfoot tub foot that keeps slipping off. We took the old clawfoot tub from the downstairs bathroom upstairs stripped and repainted the outside of it and tried to set it up in the new bathroom. While gravity may hold the feet in place initially if they aren t secured the weight of a tub full of water and a person in that water could eventually force the feet to slide out resulting in a very unhappy bather and possibly a broken bathroom. Discussion in shower bathtub forum blog started by angies jan 4 2009.
You can try to find an antique foot that matches your foot but that that might be a chore as there are over 450 different styles of antique tub feet. My husband and i just added a bathroom upstairs. Feet on clawfoot tub falling off. How to refinish an old clawfoot tub.
And even more rare that those would be the exact match to your footless tub. Has anyone had a foot fall off their clawfoot tub. While we normally do have some loose feet it is rare that we have a matching set of four. Jan 4 2009 location.
Yes this is what that bathroom looked like when. Next you could try to have a foot cast to match your tub. There are no screws bolts or anything such on the. Unfortunately finding a set of feet to fit a vintage claw foot tub is going to be difficult.
We ve gotten a lot of questions about how we ve rescued the clawfoot tub at our beach house so let s just dive right into what worked and what didn t and how we nursed this baby back to life. The tub existed in the house when we bought it last october saturday will be our 1 year house iversary. The problem is that we cannot get it balanced on the feet. There are literally dozens of different designs for mounting feet to tubs.
- How Much Does A Small Bathroom Renovation Cost
- How Small Can You Make A Bathroom
- How Much To Do A Bathroom Remodel
- How Much Should A Bathroom Remodel Cost
- How Much Does It Cost To Install A Tile Shower
- How Much To Renovate A Small Bathroom Australia
- How Much To Reglaze A Bathtub
- How Much Water Does A Shower Use In Litres
- How Much Does It Cost To Renovate A Small Bathroom
- How Much Does It Cost To Replace A Bathtub And Surround
- How Much Water Does A Shower Use Per Hour
- How Much Does It Cost To Tile A Bathroom Shower
- How Much Does It Cost To Add A Bathroom To Your House
- How Much Does It Cost To Replace A Bathtub Faucet
- How Much Does A Tile Shower Cost To Install
- How Much Does It Cost To Completely Remodel A Bathroom
- How To Add A Shower To A Clawfoot Tub
- How Much Would It Cost To Remodel A Bathroom
- How Much Does It Cost To Tile A Shower Yourself
- How Much Does It Cost To Add A Bathroom To A Garage